Many site administrators will opt to use a staged roll-out of Search & Preview. This strategy works as follows:
1. Establish a test copy of the current SharePoint setup.
2. Install Search & Preview on the test setup.
3. Configure and test Search & Preview on the test setup.
4. When everything is shown to work correctly on the test setup, install Search & Preview on the live setup.
5. Transfer the configurations that have been shown to work correctly in the test setup. Remember to transfer the XML files for each site
collection and site, plus settings from the property bag for the farm and applications (see below).
The above process is often referred to as “staging.” You might use this procedure when installing Search & Preview for the first time, when upgrading Search & Preview and/or whenever you make significant configuration changes for Search & Preview.
Need more help with this?
CONTACT US IN OUR HOMEPAGE ...