How long time does it take to install Search & Preview?
In many cases, it can be done in 1 day (2-7 hours) when everything is just right
– excluding tuning, and not to forget possible unexpected, underlying SharePoint installation challenges etc.
Of course – It all depends on the complexity of the SharePoint installation
If no experience with Search & Preview, it is smartest to estimate approximately 2-5 days per installation, depending on the underlying SharePoint installation.
- If you are familiar with Search & Preview and know have to master your SharePoint installation, you should go ahead and install (Remember to use the Search & Preview Quick Start Guide and documentation).
- If you are not familiar with the install of Search & Preview, we recommend you hire your preferred SharePoint and Search & Preview partner or hire our service consultants to assist you through the installation first time
- If you do not master the SharePoint installation, we recommend you hire your preferred SharePoint and Search & Preview partner or hire our consultants to assist you through the installation first time
ESTIMATE OF INSTALLATION TIME
We will nearly always make a fast estimate of 1-3 days for installation assistance, including start-up meeting etc.
- Meetings, Planning ½ Day
- Non-production 1 Day
- Production 1½ Day
- A fast start-up meeting with sharing of installation information, planning etc.
- In collaboration remote/online install, set-up and configuration
- Test of normal start-up functionality
- QA of the solution
If an unexpected challenge is met during the installation, and additional resources are needed we will get your approval before continuing.
- The consultancy process is done as remote online access incorporation with the requester (unless agreed in writing)
- It is expected (unless agreed in writing) that, online access, project management and the last QA of the implementation/solution is done and is the responsibility of the requester
Need more help with this?
CONTACT US ON OUR HOMEPAGE ...