How to get the log files with relevant detail diagnostic information
When an issue arises, sometimes we will need you to provide us with the Search & Preview log files to assist you (detail diagnostic information)
To provide our support and service team with the log file, please follow this procedure:
- Go to the Central Administration / Operations and in the Search & Preview for SharePoint group
- Select – Diagnostic logging
- On this page – Enable Detailed Logging (checkbox)
- On this page – you will find the path to the location of the log files
- OPTIONAL – Backup the log files and then delete the log files
- (Leave the Search folder untouched)
- *Recreate the issue and note the time
- Wait about 1 minute for the log files to be updated
- Send us – the noted issue time with the log files attached
*Do an on-demand conversion that fails
Need more help with this?
CONTACT US IN OUR HOMEPAGE ...