To create and configure quick filters for a given search-tab context:
1. Go to the Search Tabs page for the site and site level at which your quick filter will apply. See “Search-Tab Configuration and Inheritance” for details.
2. Click on the search tab to which you want to add the quick filter and select Configure Search Tab from its action menu. This opens the Search Tab Configuration page.
3. Under the Other Settings heading, select the Quick Filters link. This brings you to the Quick Filters page.
4. Use the toolbar and action-menu commands on the Quick Filters page to add, remove, arrange and/or edit your filters (see also “The Quick Filters Page” for details about these controls).
When you are adding a new filter, you will see the Add Quick Filter page. When editing an existing filter created at the current site level, you will see the Edit Quick Filter page. When editing an existing filter created at a higher site level, you will see the Overwrite Quick Filter page. When you are creating a copy of an existing filter, you will see the Copy Quick Filter page. Each of these pages includes the same collection of settings, which are described below.
Figure: Quick filter configuration settings
The Add/Edit/Overwrite Quick Filter page provides the following settings:
• Name and Description: enter an ID, name, and description of the filter. This is how the users will identify the action in the search form and also how they are identified on the Search Result Actions page.
• Query: Enter the query clause that should be added if the user enables the filter. You can use the full, advanced Search & Preview search syntax to define the query, which can, therefore, contain complex Boolean constructs and property values. See also “Constructing Search Strings”.
• Target Audiences: Use this setting to limit the types of users that will see the current filter. Enter one or more audience names (separated by semicolons) to limit the audiences to which the current filter will be shown. Leave this setting blank to show the filter to all users. See also “Target Audiences in Search & Preview” for details about this setting and its helper controls.
Need more help with this?
CONTACT US IN OUR HOMEPAGE ...