You are not able to create a new, empty Best-Bet group. Instead, you must create or edit an existing Best Bet and then use the Best-Bet-configuration page to create the new group, thereby adding the selected Best Bet to that group at the same time. To do this:
1. Go to the Search Tabs page for the site level at which you want to create the new Best-Bet group as described in “Search-Tab Configuration and Inheritance”.
2. Click on the search tab for which you want to modify Best Bets and select Configure Search Tab from its action menu. This opens the Search Tab Configuration page.
3. Click on the Best Bets link under the Other Settings heading on the Search Tab Configuration page. This brings you to the Best Bets page.
4. Either create a new Best Bet (by clicking on the Add Best Bet button in the toolbar) or edit an existing Best Bet (using the action menu for the target Best Bet). The Edit Best Bet or Add Best Bet page opens, both of which provide the same selection of settings.
5. In the Best-Bet Group area, click on the New Group link to open a pop-up dialog for defining the new group.
Make the following settings:
ID: Enter an ID code for the group. This is only used internally and is used to when specifying the group for inclusion or exclusion in the individual Best Bets Web Parts. It must be unique among all Best-Bet groups and must not include any spaces. Note that if you enter the ID of a group that is already defined further down in the site hierarchy, then that group will be promoted to the current level and marked as inherited at its original level.
Name: Enter a name for the group as it should be presented on the Best Bets page.
Description: Enter a short description for the group. This will help remind yourself and other administrators about the intended purpose of the group.
6. Click OK to close the new-group window. The new group is now created your selected Best Bet has become a member of that group.
Need more help with this?
CONTACT US IN OUR HOMEPAGE ...