When you are configuring a new or existing Best Bet for the Search & Preview Search Dialog Web Part, make the following settings:
• Title and Description: Enter a title and description in the fields provided. The Title is the name by which the Best Bet is presented to users and acts as a link to the destination page; usually, it should be similar to the name of the target page. The Description usually appears under the title when the Best Bet is shown on the result page; again, this should usually match the description for the target page itself.
• Best Bet Group: All Best Bets must belong to exactly one Best-Bet group. Group membership can affect which Best Bets are shown on a given result page. Either select an existing group from the drop-down list or click on the New Group button to create a new group and add the current Best Bet to that. See also “Working with Best Bets Groups” for more information about working with Best Bet groups.
• Keywords: These are the words that will trigger the current Best Bet display when they are used in a search query. To specify several trigger words, separate the words with semicolons.
• Target URL: Enter the URL of the page you wish to target with the Best Bet.
• Image URL: If you would like to include an image with the Best Bet display, then enter the URL for a matching image here. For the image to appear, the Best Bets Web Part must be configured to show images (see also “Search & Preview Best Bets Web Part”); also, the XSLT template used by your Best Bets Web Part must be prepared to handle this value (the default XSLT supplied with Search & Preview does handle it). Note that the Best Bets Web Part also enables you to make settings that control the size of the image and establish a default image used for Best Bets that do not have an image defined (see “Search & Preview Best Bets Web Part”).
• Publishing: If you would like the Best Bet to apply only during a specific time frame (e.g., to align with a specific marketing campaign), then use the two fields here to establish the first and last day for which the Best Bet should take effect. Leave one or both of these blank to configure the Best Bet to be open-ended (e.g., to take effect always, forever after a certain day, or from now until a given day).
• Target Audiences: Use this setting to limit the types of users that will see the current Best Bet. Enter one or more audience names (separated by semicolons) to limit the audiences to which the current Best Bet will be shown. Leave this setting blank to show the Best Bet to all users. See also “Target Audiences in Search & Preview” for details about this setting and its helper controls.
When you are done configuring your Best Bet, click on OK to save your settings.
Need more help with this?
CONTACT US IN OUR HOMEPAGE ...